This letter on behalf of human rights and environmental NGOs in Malaysia and the EU express concern about an arrest warrant for London-based investigative journalist Clare Rewcastle Brown, founder of Sarawak Report.
In March 2015 Fern entered its third decade of campaigning for an EU that protects rather than destroys forests, and which respects rather than ignores the rights of those who depend on them. This annual report outlines the key events of our year April 2014 to March 2015 but also marks some of the highlights of our 20 years of campaigning.
This press release accompanies Fern's report Playing with Fire: Human Misery, Environmental Destruction and Summer BBQs.
Download the press release
Download the full report
Letter to the Director General of the Japanese Forestry Agency re: effective illegal logging legislation
- The story of Fern
- Bold and eloquent: Pope Francis’ call to action
- All agreed: a separate pillar for LULUCF is best approach
- Landmark Dutch ruling takes intrepid stance on emissions and government’s duty towards citizens
- What do you mean, ‘modernise’ the Birds and Habitats Directives, Mr Timmermans?
- Lifting of ban on Brazilian beef linked to deforestation commitment
- ‘Green’ subsidies for bioenergy could increase carbon emissions
- Court rules in favour of transparency in Indonesia