- Central African Republic: forest governance at risk
- Carbon Fund, ER-PIN and loss of credibility
- EU recognises land as a resource
- Ivory Coast VPA: work in progress
- EUTR: illegal Brazilian Amazon timber still entering the EU market
As well as outlining the successes that FERN and our partners have achieved in the period April 2013 to March 2014, this report includes an essay by Fred Pearce looking forward to the issues that the EU is going to have to deal with it if it is going to help put a final end to its role as one of the world's most prolific deforesters.
Every six months, FERN produces an update looking at the present situation with regards the EU's Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) Action Plan, with a specific focus on Voluntary Partnership Agreements (VPAs). This June 2014 example looks at VPAs in Africa, Asia and South and Central America.
- Incoming EU officials urged to develop a cross-cutting EU action plan on deforestation
- LBA on forests: May it rest in peace
- Global No Net Loss conference admits risks of offsetting
- Democratic Republic of Congo: Pay us or forests go
- Principles for addressing the land sector under the UNFCCC