- LULUCF rules may weaken already unambitious EU 2030 climate and energy targets
- Stand with Cameroon Activists
- Liberia: Palm oil and ‘development’ v. human rights?
- FLEGT Action Plan review: High expectations
Eighteen NGOs including FERN have sent a letter to three UN Special Rapporteurs calling for them to investigate and intervene in the acts of repression and criminalisation of local organisations and activists in Cameroon.
- Underlying causes overlooked as Central African Republic situation intensifies
- Biodiversity offsetting: A flawed approach gains ground
- A Guide to securing community land rights in Africa
This report draws on examples from across Africa to explain key aspects of law and explore ways of identifying, creating and making the most of opportunites for positive legal reform.
This is the third in a series of briefing notes outlining concerns and considerations related to EU proposals to offset biodiversity loss. This briefing note analyses how biodiversity offset schemes have fared so far and shows that the picture is far from rosy.
To read briefing 2 click here.
To read briefing 1 click here.