- Looking back at 200 issues of ForestWatch
- Biodiversity offsetting at all costs?
- Offsetting community rights in Gabon
- Dutch government to decide on biomass sustainability criteria
- Cambodian rights abuses – becoming a global issue
This press release raises concern about a new European Commission report on biodiversity offsetting which was commissioned before the conclusion of the Commission consultation on No Net Loss.
- Forest deaths in Peru as UN Climate Negotiations begin
- European Parliament Report on Forest Strategy must address risks for forests
- Making the national FSC standard compatible with FLEGT: Progress or diversion for the Republic of Congo?
- Bad business-as-usual in CAR’s timber sector
- Tackling Illegal logging: Slow, but still progress
This short briefing outlines BirdLife, European Environmental Bureau and FERN recommendations for the Parliament’s own initiative report on the EU Forest Strategy.
- November FLEGT Update
- Killed for investigating illegal logging
- Legally Binding Agreement on Forests set to enshrine mistakes
- NGO Recommendations: A dedicated instrument for LULUCF
- NGOs and MEPs concerned about EU biodiversity offsetting initiative
- Asian Timber Mafia investigated in new book
Every six months, FERN produces an update looking at the present situation with regards the EU's Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade (FLEGT) Action Plan, with a specific focus on Voluntary Partnership Agreements (VPAs).