Next week, Cameroon government’s Emission Reductions Programme Idea Note (ER-PIN) will be discussed during the 13th Carbon Fund meeting of the Forest Carbon Partnership Facility (FCPF). Local NGOs, in the form of the Communities and Forest Platform, as well as international NGOs, including Fern, have analysed the ER-PIN and have submitted their response, which expresses concerns about the process by which the ER-PIN was developed, as well as its content.
Sahabat Alam Malaysia (SAM), Fern’s partner in Malaysia, has released a publication, Penan Land Rights in Sarawak: 13 years after the Long Sayan Declaration 2002.
- In Memoriam: Robinson Djeukam Njinga (1964 - 2015)
- Malaysian corruption hangs over VPA negotiations
- New 'Introducing FLEGT' film
- China’s economic woes: good for forests?
- Biomass: EU imports from abroad on the rise
- Making the new EU food and agriculture programme work for communities
- Can the FLEGT VPA tackle forest governance in Laos?
- Scientists warn of human impact on world’s forests
This short film introduces FLEGT, the EU’s flagship forest policy, which Fern believes is the most effective vehicle to combat illegal logging and deforestation, and ensuring that the world’s tropical forests are managed fairly
On 19 August 2015 our dear friend and colleague, Robinson Djeukam Njinga, an environmental and social justice lawyer and activist in Cameroon, passed away suddenly in a hospital in Yaoundé. With his passing, Fern and many others working on forests, have lost an esteemed ally. Robinson’s warmth, dedication, engagement and professionalism will be in our memories forever.
This letter on behalf of human rights and environmental NGOs in Malaysia and the EU express concern about an arrest warrant for London-based investigative journalist Clare Rewcastle Brown, founder of Sarawak Report.