In 2000, FME was held in April in Antwerp, Belgium. The first day of the meeting was set aside for a discussion on strategy on boreal forests, jointly organised with the Taiga Rescue Network. Over the next two days, the following issues were discussed:
- The forests of North West Russia
- How should NGOs respond to PEFC?
- How the NGO community can ensure FSC continues to improve its performance.
- The World Bank's Forest Policy and the World Bank's Indigenous Peoples Policy.
- The failure of Seattle and the impact of the World Trade Organisation on forests and forest peoples
- The Intergovernmental Forum on Forests and its successor the UN Forum on Forests.
- Indonesia (focusing on oil palm production)
- The Sami situation
- Mangroves and shrimp an update of the European campaign by SSNC, on paper only.
- Carbon sinks and carbon trading.
- 'Industrial logging, forest management and certification in the Congo Basin', organised by WWF Belgium
Two letters were signed by participants of the FME on the subjects of: