In 2003, FME was held in May in Munich, Germany.
The following issues were discussed:
- Consumer campaign against tropical timber
- Funding the Pulp Invasion a new WRM report
- The EC aid programme and its impact on forests
- Brazilian issues
- Certification of Malaysian projects
- World Bank Forest Policy and its impacts on development aid and lending
- Intergovernmental Processes in 2003
- Indonesia (looking at oil palm, pulp and paper and illegal logging)
- Forest Certification
- Illegal logging
- Carbon Sinks
- EU enlargement (looking at investment and logging in Eastern Europe)
One of the meeting outcomes was a statement by the NGOs present exposing Malaysia's attempts to greenwash its logging industry.
The following presentations are available from the meeting: