In 2004, FME was held in April in Helsinki, Finland. The main focus of the meeting was creating a strategy around the problems caused by paper production and consumption. It was hosted by the Finnish Nature League. The following issues were discussed:
- How carbon sinks and biomass can affect the climate debate
- UNFF and the debate on a legally binding framework for forests
- Illegal Logging
- How certification schemes undermine NGO campaigns
- Convention on Biological Diversity Outcome of COP 7 in Malaysia.
- The negative effect of
- How large conservation organisations are undermining campaigns