FME 2008 was held in Bulgaria in the foothills of Rila National Park. It was hosted by the Bulgarian Society for the Protection of Birds (http://bspb.org/index.php).
The main issues discussed during the meeting included:
- Europe’s forests (concentrating on Bulgaria)
- Pulp, paper and the Shrink campaign (www.shrink.org)
- Bioenergy – problems with agrofuels and alternative visions
- Carbon trading
- Avoided deforestation, a new and upcoming issue
- The battle to save FSC from itself
- Illegal logging and forest governance
Many of the organisations present signed-on to the European paper vision.
Please see here for copies of presentations: